How to Make my Aquarium Reef Tank Purple(Coralline Algae)? By Lev Ingman
The purple glow of a healthy reef tank is caused by Coralline Algae. In order for this type of algae to grow you must have good water conditions.
- Ammonia- This must be at 0.
- Nitrite- This must be at 0.
- Nitrate-This must be close to 0.
- Phosphate- This must also be close to 0.
- Salinity- This must be between 1.019-1.025
- Calcium- This must be between 400-500.
- Magnesium- Must be between 1300-1500
- PH- Must be as close to 8.3 as possible.
- KH- Must be between 8-12
- You must have good/sufficient lighting!
- Time- You must be patient and let your coralline algae grow.
The more of these conditions that your tank has at perfect levels, the faster your coralline will grow.